How do I pull my own comps?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to www.zillow.com, log in with your account, and search for a property under “Buy”
- Click on Expand on the upper right.
- Scroll down until you see the Price This Home button (just below the Zestimate® price) and click Choose comps.
4 дек. 2019 г.
How do I find real estate comps without a realtor?
You can use Zillow Redfin and Realtor.com. Find properties that have sold within the last 6 months that have around 20% of the same square footage. I use these sites all the time. They pull data from the MLS .
How do I find comparables for my home?
Start your search for comps on Zillow by typing your city and state into the search bar. Filter for “Recently Solds” so you’re only seeing the yellow dots. Zoom in on your area, then your neighborhood, and finally your house to use as a reference point.
How long are Comps good for?
When an appraiser is looking for comparable properties to determine a price, they are supposed to only look at sales within the last 90 days. Now, if there aren’t enough sales a lender might go back six to 12 months. But the ideal is 90 days.
How far away can Comps be?
Comps should ideally be within one mile of the subject property, and not over any major barriers like a freeway, a river or railroad tracks. Comps need to be in the same city as the subject property in most cases, even if a comp in another city is less than a block from the subject property.
What do appraisers look for in comps?
To determine the current market value of a property, agents and appraisers analyze recent comparable sales in the area. … In those instances, Najm says he’s looking for properties with similar square footage and the same number of bedrooms and bathrooms. Perlson is more particular about square footage.
How do I find comps?
There are several additional resources for finding comps:
- Public property records: If you want to find the sale price of a specific comparable, the county usually keeps those records. …
- Zillow: Search on Zillow using the Recently Sold filter. …
- Zillow pricing tool: Try this pricing tool to find comps in your area.
How many comps do you need for an appraisal?
Many of the lenders and insurers of loans also require appraisers to utilize at least three closed sales as comps. Ideally, an appraiser will use comparable sales that are as current as possible since more recent sales will better reflect an ever-changing real estate market than older ones.
What if an appraiser can’t find comps?
A lack of comps is no excuse for not doing an accurate appraisal, Wagar says. Even in states with no MLS and no disclosure, or even if the property is a geodesic dome rather than a conventional house, any property can be appraised. If you can’t find sufficient comps, the cost approach will usually work.
Do comps matter in real estate?
House comps are a key component of both buying and selling real estate. They can prevent you from overpaying for a property you’re buying and help you determine a realistic listing and sale price for a home you’re selling.
How accurate are Zillow estimates?
According to Zillow, most Zestimates are “within 10 percent of the selling price of the home.”4 But Zestimates are only as accurate as the data behind them, so if the number of bedrooms or bathrooms in a home, its square footage, or its lot size are inaccurate on Zillow, the Zestimate will be off.
How do I find my home value?
How to find the value of a home
- Use online valuation tools. Searching “how much is my house worth?” online reveals dozens of home value estimators. …
- Get a comparative market analysis. …
- Use the FHFA House Price Index Calculator. …
- Hire a professional appraiser. …
- Evaluate comparable properties.