“Interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.
What does obstruction mean in soccer?
“Impeding the Progress of an Opponent” is an “Indirect Kick Foul” in soccer (see “Fouls, Indirect Kick, Impeding The Progress Of An Opponent”). This used to be called “obstruction”. Generally, a player cannot use his body to impede another player’s movements, even if it is not deliberate.
What is the obstruction rule in football?
The Law goes on to state: ‘Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.
Is obstruction still a foul in football?
The Obstruction rule. As soon as you physically impede a player, while not playing the ball yourself, it’s a foul.
What is shielding in soccer?
Shielding occurs when the player in possession of the ball positions themselves between the ball and their opponent creating a barrier with their body. The player simply uses their body as a shield to keep distance between the ball and the defender.
Are screens legal in soccer?
You have to remember a soccer pitch is much bigger than a basketball court. If you set a “legal” basketball pick on a soccer field (feet planted, not moving), there’s plenty of room for the opposition to run around either side. … A moving screen is definitely not allowed in soccer (obstruction).
Is Shielding allowed in soccer?
Shielding the ball is permitted. … If the player cannot legally play the ball or if the ball is not within playing distance, such shielding becomes “impeding the progress of an opponent” and should be penalized by an indirect free kick.
What are the 9 major fouls in soccer?
9 Major Soccer Offenses
- Kicking (or trying to kick) an opponent.
- Tripping an opponent.
- Jumping at an opponent.
- Charging an opponent in particularly dangerous or violent way.
- Charging an opponent from behind in a violent way.
- Striking or attempting to strike an opponent.
- Holding an opponent.
- Pushing an opponent.
Can the yellow or red card be shown to a substitute who is sitting on the bench?
Only a player, substitute or substituted player may be shown the red or yellow card.
Is shirt pulling allowed in football?
If the shirt pull has the effect of holding up an opponent, it is punishable by a direct free kick. In Law 12.1: A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences: …
What are the 7 sending off offenses in football?
7 CAUTIONABLE OFFENSES
- Is guilty of unsporting behavior (USB) …
- Shows dissent by word or action (DT) …
- Persistently infringes the Laws of the Game (PI) …
- Delays the restart of play (DR) …
- Fails to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick or free kick (FRD)
Can you shout my ball in football?
(1) If a player is the only one near the ball and shouts “mine,” there is no infringement of the Law. … (2) Players may only be impeded when an opponent prevents them from playing the ball by placing his/her body between them and the ball and the opponent is not within playing distance of the ball.
Do indirect free kicks still exist?
‘ The penalty for impeding remains an indirect free-kick. … “I can’t comment on any particular decision, but if there is contact between two players, and the referee considers it a foul, the referee may only award a direct free-kick or a penalty.” “There is no option to give an indirect free-kick.”
How do I protect my soccer ball?
6 Steps to Learn How to Shield a Soccer Ball
- Get in an athletic position. Bend you knees, lower your butt, and stand firm. …
- Stand sideways. Don’t stand backwards. …
- Put your arms out. …
- Push with your body. …
- Move around. …
- Look for options. …
- You can’t get past a player. …
- You have no options and a defender comes from behind.
3 мар. 2010 г.