|No.||Stadium Name||Height (feet)|
|4||The Crown Ground||516|
What is the highest ground in England?
According to Simon Inglis’s definitive work, Football Grounds Of Britain, the three highest league grounds above sea level belong to West Bromwich Albion, Port Vale and Oldham Athletic. The Hawthorns – built in 1900 – is the highest of the lot, standing at 551 feet above sea level.
Which is the highest football ground?
The highest football stadium in the world is the Estadio Daniel Alcides Carrión, which can be found in the city of Cerro de Pasco, Peru. Located at the top of the Andean mountains, Cerro de Pasco is the capital of the Pasco region and has a population of around 60,000.
Which English football ground is the highest above sea level?
Alongside being the home of West Bromwich Albion for over 120 years, The Hawthorns has also hosted a number of England internationals, as well as two FA Cup semi-finals. At an altitude of 551 feet (168 m), it is the highest ground above sea level of all Premier League and Football League clubs.
What is the lowest football ground in England?
The question was “Which is the lowest Football League ground in England?” It appears that Blundell Park, less than a metre above sea level, holds the distinction.
17 October 2017.
|Ground||West Bromwich Albion|
What is the hilliest city in England?
The 10 highest English cities
- Bradford – 324.9m.
- Sheffield – 298m.
- Stoke-on-Trent – 275.9m.
- Birmingham – 246.6m.
- Bath – 229.9m.
- Leeds – 198m.
- Wolverhampton – 175.9m.
- Plymouth – 167.8m.
11 дек. 2017 г.
What is the highest city in UK?
Overlooking Bradford from its lofty vantage point, Queensbury is one of the highest villages in England. Sitting at 1,100ft above sea level, the village is said to have the highest school in England – Foxhill Primary – and boasts wonderfully-named hamlets such as Mountain, Old Dolphin and Catherine Slack.
Which is the oldest football ground in England?
Here are the oldest football grounds still in use in England.
- Bramall Lane – Sheffield United. This 32,000 all-seater stadium is in fact the oldest league stadium in the world. …
- Field Mill – Mansfield Town. …
- Deepdale – Preston North End. …
- Stamford Bridge – Chelsea. …
- St James’ Park – Newcastle United.
Which is the most beautiful stadium in England?
- Old Trafford: Manchester United.
- Wembley Stadium: Tottenham Hotspur.
- The Emirates: Arsenal F.C.
- Stamford Bridge: Chelsea.
- Anfield: Liverpool FC.
- Goodison Park: Everton FC.
- Amex Stadium: Brighton and Hove Albion.
- White Hart Lane: Tottenham Hotspur.
Which English football ground is closest to the sea?
Gayfield is situated on the sea front, to the west of Arbroath harbour, on the southern edge of the town. Due to its position next to the North Sea, in winter spectators can be exposed to severe cold and winds. It is the closest football stadium in Europe to the sea.
Where are the highest areas of ground in the UK?
Hill ranges in England
- Lake District – Scafell Pike at 978 metres.
- Pennines – Cross Fell, Cumbria, at 893 metres.
- Cheviot Hills – The Cheviot, Northumberland, at 815 metres.
- Black Mountains (within England) – Black Mountain, at 703 metres.
- Peak District – Kinder Scout at 636 metres.
- Dartmoor – High Willhays at 621 metres.
Which is the highest ground in the world?
Mount Everest, located in Nepal and Tibet, is usually said to be the highest mountain on Earth. Reaching 29,029 feet at its summit, Everest is indeed the highest point above global mean sea level—the average level for the ocean surface from which elevations are measured.
Which football stadium is the highest above sea level?
However, the highest stadium in the world is Estadio Daniel Alcides Carrión located in Peru with an altitude of 4,380 meters (13,973 ft) above sea level. This stadium is used by football team Unión Minas.
What is the oldest football ground in the world?
Sandygate has been recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the “Oldest Ground in the World”. On 26 December 1860, the world’s first inter-club football match was played at the ground, Hallam taking on Sheffield F.C.
Who has the smallest football stadium?
The smallest stadium is Soldier Field with a capacity of 61,500.
What are the closest football grounds in England?
What Are the Closest Stadiums in the English League?
- Chelsea & Fulham – 1.9 miles.
- Aston Villa & Birmingham City – 3.5 miles. …
- Sheffield United & Sheffield Wednesday – 3.8 miles. …
- Millwall & Charlton – 3.9 miles. …
- Aston Villa & West Brom – 4 miles. …
- Arsenal & Tottenham – 4 miles. …
- Bristol City & Bristol Rovers – 4.8 miles. …
- Manchester United & Manchester City – 5.2 miles. …